Education To Go Online Course
|Dates:||June 1 - August 15, 2016|
|Meets:||Course Dates Vary with Enrollment, 6 sessions|
For most ed2go® courses online content is available for six weeks, however, participants are encouraged to consult the catalog description for detailed information specific to their course.
There are still openings remaining at this time.
Program DescriptionSUNY Potsdam offers a wide range of online courses through online service provider ed2go®. With ed2go® online courses you have the opportunity to acquire new skills or discover an exciting hobby. You can even register for a course and view the first lesson with no financial obligation! If you like what you see you can send your payment and complete the course.
Featured ed2go® courses for the Summer 2016 semester are:
- Content Literacy: Grades 6-12 - Students must develop literacy skills in order to access, learn, and comprehend, especially with the Common Core State Standards intersecting disciplines. In this course, you'll discover literacy development strategies that will make content come alive for each and every student. In addition to exploring differentiated education, student learning centers will be discussed, and you'll analyze your current teaching practices to identify the effective literacy development that you're already doing. By the end of the course, you'll be confident in your ability to utilize the best of what's new, keep the best of what you've already got, and enjoy being a great 21st-century teacher!
- Explore a Career in Nursing - Are you interested in a career that's meaningful and challenging with a great salary, benefits, and opportunities for advancement? You should think about becoming a nurse! No segment of the economy is growing faster than the healthcare industry, and nurses have more options than ever before. This course includes a crash course in medical basics: acronyms, medicalese, blood tests, and radiology, along with qualifications to become a nurse, an introduction to licensing exams, and different fields of nursing available in the workforce. By the end of this course you'll know what it takes to become a nurse and what kind of opportunities are out there, and you'll even have a foundation of basic medical knowledge to build on. If you've ever thought about nursing, now is the time to find out more!
- Medical Math - Master medical calculations in an engaging environment! In these fun and practical lessons, you'll gain the medical math skills you need for anything from calculating dosages to using scientific formulas. Whatever medical field you're in, the hands-on activities in this course will help you perform day-to-day math tasks quickly and easily.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology - Gain a greater appreciation and understanding of the marvelous complexity of the human body! This six-week online course will establish a foundation of the organization of the human body and discuss functions of the different organ systems. Some topics covered will include: a review of the principles of chemistry, cell anatomy and physiology, principles of genetics, our 11 organ systems, skeletal and muscular systems, how the circulatory and respiratory systems work together, how our bodies rid of wastes and fight off diseases, as well as digestive, endocrine, and reproductive systems. In addition, each lesson includes information about specific disorders that sometimes happen to our bodies, and we'll also talk about some recent advances in medicine!
- Certificate in Brain Health - The brain is an amazing organ. It receives information through the five senses of sight, smell, touch, taste, and hearing. It's affected by virtually every aspect of our lives, including our moods, our activities, how well we sleep, our stress levels, and the foods we eat. In this innovative certificate program, you'll gain insights into the amazing brain and explore how to support health and happiness through lifestyle choices that impact this remarkable organ. This program is perfect for healthcare professionals and nurses or anyone who wants to better understand how supporting brain health can foster health, happiness, and well-being.
- Certificate in Starting Your Own Business in Health and Healing - Have you dreamed of creating your own business in health and wellness? Becoming an entrepreneur in this growing field can provide you with independence, flexibility, personal fulfillment, control over your own life, and incredible financial rewards. In this innovative program, you'll learn how to make your dreams of building a health-related business a reality.